You made an offer, and it has been accepted—go ahead, cue the confetti! And while it’ll be a few more days until you can move in, you’re well on your way to closing the deal on your new home sweet home.
Just a few more steps to go…
It’s Week 8 of the 90 Day to Homeowner Challenge, and today, we’re going to give you a quick rundown on what happens after you make an offer and your new home is “under contract.” So grab a cold one, kick your feet up, and take a listen to what’s coming up next in your home buying journey:
- First, your agent will carefully review important dates and information you will need to know to ensure a successful closing.
- You’ll need to meet with a mortgage lender to firm up financing details and lock in your interest rate.
- Once the home inspection report comes in (and you should definitely request a home inspection), you and your agent will negotiate any repairs with your seller.
- Towards the closing date, you’ll get a call from your closing attorney’s office to schedule your closing.
- Finally—it’s time to head to closing!
Keep in mind that once your home is “under contract” lots of things happen behind-the-scenes. Don’t worry if it’s quiet for a few days—people are hustling to get everything just right for your closing. Of course, as questions come up, talk with your realtor. He or she is YOUR advocate every step of the way.
Thinking about buying or selling? Send us a message, and we’ll be in touch!