- McCleskey-East Cobb YMCA 1055 East Piedmont Road Marietta, GA 30062 770.977.5991East Cobb YMCA has a variety of programs not just for kids and teenagers, but for adults as well. The sports facility offers year-round swimming lessons for those who want to learn how to swim or improve their skills. The McCleskey-East Cobb YMCA also has group work workouts, such as yin yoga classes to total body strength training. you’ll get an effective workout while being surrounded by like-minded people.
- East Cobb Baseball Complex 4617 Lee Waters Road Marietta, GA 30066 678.238.1032They say that playing sports is one of the best ways to get fit and it’s true. Baseball, in particular, involves plenty of sprints and arm strength. Sprinting from one base to the other is already a workout in itself.The East Cobb Baseball Complex is the perfect place to practice your baseball skills. Covering around 30 acres, the complex has 10 lighted fields, in case you want to play after sundown. You can also practice your swing at the facility’s batting cages.
- Orangetheory Fitness 1401 Johnson Ferry Road, Suite 320 Marietta, GA 30062 678.920.9455If you’re looking for a total body group workout, Orangetheory Fitness is the place to go. With over 1,225 studios throughout the nation, there’s no doubt that Orangetheory Fitness is one of the top fitness facilities to go to. In East Cobb, it’s easy to find: it’s right next to Target.A typical class in Orangetheory Fitness involves a heart-rate-based HIIT workout (rowing, cardio, or strength training) that’s designed to challenge your muscles and boost your metabolism. An experienced Orangetheory Fitness coach assists you throughout the entire class, telling you when to push harder and when to push back.
- The Bar Method Atlanta-East Cobb 1281 Johnson Ferry Road, Suite 112 Marietta, GA 30068 770.578.4655Sign up for a barre class, another full-body workout you should try, at The Bar Method. Barre workouts combine ballet, yoga, Pilates, and strength training. The result is a low-impact, high-intensity workout that will help you build strength, agility, and flexibility.The East Cobb branch of The Bar Method has hour-long classes for individuals of all fitness levels. The signature Bar Method class is the perfect introduction for beginners while the Bar Advanced class aims to push the limits of those who are more familiar with the workout. And if you’re pressed for time, the Bar Express class offers the same full-body workout in a shorter period. The studio is equipped with a well-designed locker room filled with a variety of personal care items such as towels and toiletries.
- Compound Fitness 3822 Roswell Road Marietta, GA 30062 678.247.1602Get the ultimate workout experience at Compound Fitness, the top fitness and martial arts gym in East Cobb.One of the things that make Compound Fitness stand out from other fitness facilities in the area is its blended approach. By combining cross-training-based fitness with other sports and practices like Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Barre, Zumba, Pilates, and Zoga, members get to push their fitness to the next level. Fitness Boot Camps and Fitness Kickboxing programs are also available.
- Just Fitness 4U East Cobb 3101 Roswell Road Marietta, GA 30062 770.565.6330Start your path to fitness at Just Fitness 4U East Cobb. Covering over 25,000 square feet, this fitness facility offers state-of-the-art equipment, cardio machines with personal LCD TVs, and free weight training areas. Don’t like working out alone? Just Fitness 4U has a variety of cycling, yoga, and Zumba classes available. And since members have 24/7 access to the fitness facility, they can choose a time that best fits their schedule.Just Fitness 4U East Cobb also offers cross-training programs for kids. After all, you can never be too young to start your fitness journey.
Get fit at these sports and fitness facilities in East Cobb
Playing sports and working out regularly play a large role in keeping you mentally and physically fit. And it’s easy to see why these activities are among the most popular things to do in East Cobb, Georgia. The community has a variety of sports facilities and fitness centers that support an active lifestyle. Do you want to start your fitness journey? Check out the following facilities in and around East Cobb.